1. The level of brand loyalty is obscene
2. They represent standard social behavior in bars
3. They’re prohibited in some public places
4. They’re the last thing you spend time with before bed
5. Sometimes you have to bum a light
6. They are a marketer’s dream
7. We stuff them in our clothes
8. They drive some people crazy
9. You just can’t put them down
So how do we manage our addiction?
I love my phone, I use it constantly, and I have no desire to give it up. But maybe tonight we should all turn off our phones for 3 hours. We could spend un-interrupted time talking face-to-face with other humans. Don’t worry, our phones will be on our nightstands in the morning.